Police Department Ride Along Information
The North Fond du Lac Police Department Ride Along Program is designed to help educate the community about what the police department does daily, and to help residents become familiar with the officers and the department.
The program is intended to develop partnerships with the community through interaction. The Ride Along Program is designed to foster a better understanding of the challenges, hazards and rewards of being a police officer in our community.
To be considered for the Ride Along Program, applicants:
Program Rules and Guidelines
1. Arrange for transportation to and from the North Fond du Lac Police Department.
2. Wear issued identification badge during the Ride Along.
3. In order to comply with department policies and procedures, you MUST utilize the safety belts and safety equipment in the police vehicle.
4. You WILL NOT be able to photograph, videotape or tape record any portion of the Ride Along.
5. Certain police calls are considered inherently dangerous and your police partner may respond to the call after dropping you off at a safe place. Follow the procedure outlined by your police partner and wait for a police vehicle to pick you up.
6. You are encouraged to ask questions about police work.
7. DO NOT interfere in any way with the officer's handling of a situation. You may ask questions concerning a specific assignment after it has been completed and you have left the scene.
8. You may observe an event on your Ride Along that may require your appearance in court as a witness.
9. A waiver of liability form is to be executed by you prior to the Ride Along. In essence, it releases the North Fond du Lac Police Department and the Village of North Fond du Lac, WI, from any liability.
10. Wear neat, clean, appropriate clothing. Shorts, sweat suits or jogging suits, tank tops, halter-tops, or clothing that is torn, soiled or displays offensive language or symbols will not be allowed.