Police Benevolent Association
The principal purpose of the North Fond du Lac Police Benevolent Association is to enhance the general welfare of the community and to promote the continuing growth and overall health of the community.
Our two primary efforts each year are the Golf Shoot-out and Food for Families. In the past thirteen years, thousands of dollars have been raised and used to help support a variety of causes such as:
- Veteran's Memorial
- Police Unity Tour
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Spillman Library Summer Reading Program
- Oriole Athletic Complex
- Funding for Park Beautification Projects
- Scholarships for graduating seniors
- A summer camp for youth called Camp Oneota
- Free swim lessons for children
- Decorative banners for Village light poles
- Hurricane Katrina relief
- Senior prom post party
- Starlight Starbright Foundation for seriously ill children
- Development of a library for the Early Learning Center
- NFPD K-9 Unit
Food for Families
The North Fond du Lac Police Department/North Fond du Lac Police Benevolent Association is gearing up for their annual 'Food for Families' program. The Police Benevolent Association adopts a number of area families for the Christmas holiday and provides them with gifts and groceries. We are hopeful that area businesses, churches, schools, and individuals will again support the police department in their effort to brighten the holiday season for less fortunate families.
Each year the employees of the police department look forward to having the opportunity to brighten the holiday season for area families that are in need of a little assistance. This is important to the police department because it's an opportunity to help others, and it allows for officers to interact with residents in a more positive light than might usually be associated with police contacts.
We are no longer accepting donations of food items / canned goods. Instead, we are asking donors to contribute money and/or gift cards. Additionally, we have identified a need for the following items:
- New, in package socks & underwear (any size) for children, women & men
- New hats, mittens, gloves (any size) for children, women & men
- New winter jackets (any size) for children, women & men
Donations of these items and new, in-package toys can be dropped off at the North Fond du Lac Police Department, which is located at 16 Garfield Street. Business hours for the Police Department are Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM. Any groups or individuals that are interested in donating or contributing are asked to contact Karie Tackett or Teresa Mielkie at the North Fond du Lac Police Department. They can be reached at 920-929-3760 during regular business hours.